Holy Corona! It’s the Best Science Lesson in 40 Years!
Next Monday, August 21st, for the first time in 40 years, the United States, from Madras, Oregon to Columbia, South Carolina, is in the path of totality for a solar eclipse. Although only a small swath (70 miles wide) will experience totality, the entire U.S., even Alaska and Hawaii will undergo a partial solar eclipse.
Read below for:
– News and safety information from NASA
– Check an eclipse tracker to see where you lie in the eclipses path
– Access educational eclipse content from our friends at BrainPop
– Search for a children’s museum near you for eclipse events and activities
– Watch an eclipse Astronomy lesson from Crash Course