Top 10 Things to Do With Your Kids
Read enough articles on parenting could send even the most organized of us into a spiral of self-doubt. The list of do’s and dont’s seems endless. Funny thing about these articles—they’re all from the adult perspective. If you asked your kids what they would most like from you, what do you think they would say? Recently, a teacher wrote about a lesson she has been doing for years, in many different classrooms and countries. She asked the kids what advice they would give on being a mother. The answers are surprising—and quite touching. Many of us can feel overwhelmed by life/work/parenting and feel like we’re doing it all wrong. I often feel bad that I don’t have the giant, clean white kitchen everyone else seems to have on TV and in magazines. We go to bed with dishes in the sink and laundry backed up. This list, however, reminds me that the little things count even more. You can read the whole article here:
- Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
- Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
- Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
- Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
- At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
- At night talk to me about anything; love, school, family etc.
- Let me play outside a lot.
- Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
- Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
- Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.